Wednesday 31 May 2017

Right Here Waiting For You by Rebecca Pugh




Out Now

Published by HQ Digital 

Purchase from Amazon here

The Blurb:

We used to be best friends…
Magda used to be the girl everyone wanted to be – most likely to achieve her every wish. That is until suddenly her perfect life seems to be anything but!
Sophia has never regretted her life, sure it isn’t perfect, but being a single mum to a daughter she loves is pretty great. Perhaps she never moved away from home, or got to live out her dreams, but what she has right now isn’t so bad.
That is until an invitation to their school reunion arrives, throwing both their lives into a spin – because these two used to be friends and it might finally be time to face up to that one big mistake that happened all those years ago…


My Thoughts:

Every time I see this book I start crooning out the old 80’s hit Right Here Waiting For You by Richard Marx. But it’s a good thing – honest – because I am an ‘80’s girl and so the song makes me smile – as did this book! Rebecca Pugh has once again penned a book that hits the spot and lifted me out of a mid spring funk.

We meet not one, but two leading ladies, both of whom have gone on to live different lives. One has left town, married a gorgeous man and is living the high life, and the other never escaped, settled down and had a daughter before the love bubble burst and she became a single Mum.

Magda and Sophia were friends at school, but it seems that more than growing up got in the way of their friendship, and their paths (thankfully for both of them) haven’t crossed since. That is until a school reunion is arranged……will they be flung back into each others lives? You betcha! Let the games commence!

I loved escaping into this book. I found it packed with fun, intrigue, emotion and surprise. Rebecca threw me a curve ball as I thought from the blurb that there was one of the characters I was going to favour, but it turned out to be the complete opposite….very clever!! I really enjoyed discovering their younger selves and unearthing what became the thorn in the side of their friendship.

Each book by Rebecca shows the growth in her skills and talent, and Right Here Waiting For You is her best to date. Filled with sass, emotion and wonderfully descriptive writing I found a book that allowed me to escape and hook up with a couple of women who I could easily share a coffee with, or be a voyeur in their dramas.


It also gave me a chance to glance back at my teenage years, the hopes, dreams and friendships, and what if’s. This, like the book, definitely bought smiles and a few chuckles as well. I really enjoyed this book and if you are a fan of feel good fiction this is one for you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment