Tuesday 21 April 2015

Girls on Tour by Nicola Doherty





Publication date: 23 April 2015
Published by: Headline
Purchase from Amazon here

My rating: 4 stars - l loved it!

The Blurb:

Four girls. One year.

Five fabulous destinations.


Poppy is bound for Paris, the City of Love. Could this be her chance to end her epic dry spell?

Lily is en route to her cousin's wedding in LA, where she's willing to break a few rules to land her dream role.

Maggie can't wait for her romantic ski holiday in Meribel - until it goes seriously off-piste.

Rachel packs for a glamorous Roman holiday, but a blast from the past is about to sabotage la dolce vita.

The girls get together and fly to Manhattan. But someone's been hiding a big secret in the Big Apple...

Hilarious, romantic and unputdownable, Girls on Tour is an irresistible series of interlinked stories about four ordinary girls who have extraordinary fun in faraway places. Follow them in an unforgettable year that includes breaking up, making up, new jobs and some big surprises ...

Perfect for fans of Lindsey Kelk's I Heart ... novels. Previously published as five e-novellas, now in one volume with fabulous brand new material.


My Review:

I love books that feature a group of women who make me smile, laugh and want to be part of their gang....I want to become the fifth member the of the girls on tour gang! This book is perfect for a summer read, or just when you want some escapism and fun. I can imagine going off to the park,or sitting in the garden soaking up some sun and absolutely glued to this.

The book was originally released as five novellas, which is how I came to discover the girls. But I love that it is now being released as one complete book (with a fantastic cover). If I'm honest, whilst I like novellas, once I get into a book a like to devour it all in one go.

As you can expect with this genre there is lots of fun, flirting and adventure. During the course of the book we jet off to five fantastic locations where the girls get into scrapes, and get to know themselves a bit better. There is of course romance along the way too. Each of their stories is engrossing in their own way and I struggle to single out which of the girls I liked the most.

I liked that the book is broken down to focus on each of the girls before bringing them all together at the end. It was nice to get get to know each of them individually without being overpowered or distracted by the others. Yes, see, I really do want to be part of their gang!!!

It is so hard to write this review without giving loads of spoilers, and I really don't want to do that. If I were to choose my favourite part I would be torn between Maggie in Meribel, and the finale when the girls go to Manhattan. Oh Maggie, I loved Maggie. I found her story more emotional than the others. She struck a chord with me and I was so pleased to catch up with her again at the end.

Nicola is a brilliant author. She knows just how to give the perfect mix of fun and emotion. She writes such funny scenes that I was laughing out loud. She really bought the girls to life and has created great characters who i could imagine being friends with. I loved the locations and I am hankering to return to Rome and New York even more now. It's even made me want to try skiing (well maybe sit in the cafe with a book and hot chocolate while the others head off to ski). I love Girls on Tour and will miss them....

Thanks to Headline who kindly provided a copy of the book in return for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment