Friday 22 August 2014

Ibiza Insanity by Aimee Duffy


Out Now
Published by Harperimpulse
Purchase from Amazon here


The Blurb:

Part 5 of Summer Flings – a fun, flirty and laugh out loud rom com series of short stories.
After their not-so-relaxing week in the sun, the girls are off to the clubbing capitol of the world to let off some steam.

Skater boys, Ibiza’s Next Top Model competition and skimpy gold bikini’s don’t compare to the man Ciara’s desperate to cheer up. She’s beginning to realize her summer fling isn’t as uncomplicated as it should be.

To make things worse, she finds out that her best friends are keeping secrets from her that could change everything…

The ideal summer treat for those relaxing days soaking up the sun!

My review:

Woo hoo, the girls are back for the fifth instalment of sun, fun and adventure. This time they are hitting the centre of party land....Ibiza! When I saw the title I laughed and tried to imagine what exploits they could be getting up to!! This series is consistently brilliant and so well written. I love how each part of the series unwraps another aspect of the characters and who they really are. I am loving seeing them develop and wish I had gone to uni, made friends like them, and gone off travelling....if only I wasnt too old now!!!

As we hit Ibiza Gem needs to get over her fling in Greece, and Elle is still on the look out for some male company, so they figure Ibiza will be the perfect place to get out there, party hard and have a blast. This time it is Elle's turn to get the male attention.

Ciara still has the company of Zack, but whilst it is still steamy and at times quite explicit, as a reader I felt like I was starting to see some genuine affection between the two of them...it wouldnt be the same without the romps, but it was nice to see more than that. Although they are still 'in action' multiple times a day....insatiable could definitely describe it!!

I started to sense the end of summer, and real life approaching for the girls. I actually felt a bit anxious about this as I dont want their exploits to end, and because I want Ciara and Zack to live happily ever after.

I laughed at their tales and willed Zack and Ciara to open up more to eachother. I liked seeing that Gem is more down to earth than she was first portrayed to be. Infact I really like all the characters in the series and would love to see more of them in the future.

Roll on the next leg of the trip to the beautiful city of Florence.......

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're enjoying the series! Not long now until Florence. I was anxious writing the last few myself :)

    Thank you for another wonderful review x

    ReplyDelete