Tuesday 6 May 2014

The Blogger Get To Know Me Tag


Thank you so much to Shaun (bookaddictshaun.blogspot.co.uk) for tagging me, I love these! The tag was created by She Loves to Read.


Tell us five random facts about yourself:

1. I'm an AFC Wimbledon fan
2. I love Jack Bauer and 24. In fact I am pretty much a box set addict.
3. I'm in love with the blue M&M man
4. I'm spend most of my life in bed battling chronic fatigue syndrome (and determined to win)
5. I’m a bit of a plane geek and love airshows (even before I met my boyfriend who is a pilot)

When is your birthday?

5th February

What is your favourite colour?

Blue

What is your favourite memory?

Ooh this is a tough one. I guess the one that always pops into my mind is Saturday 14 May 1988, when I was 16. If anyone were to ask me what year I would go back and re-live, 1988 would be the year for me. A number of things happened that year including discovering clubbing, leaving school, a summer of total fun and having my first true love.


However, the highlight was that Wimbledon did the impossible and beat Liverpool in the FA Cup final. It really was giant killing at its best. The day is pretty much a blur, but without doubt one of the best of my life. The bit I remember vividly was getting back to Plough Lane on the 156 bus and seeing hundreds of fans outside the ground. My best friend, her brother, my brother and I hung out the window of the bus and started singing a Wimbledon song, at which point the fans turned around and started singing along with us. It was a goosebump moment and capped off a day I will never ever forget.

Describe a day in your life……

I’m currently off work sick as I have had a few months of poor health. Turns out I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome so life is pretty boring a monotonous!

My day is pretty much spent in bed, watching tv and reading.

I am getting better though and now try to get out of bed and do simple things. I even managed a couple of walks last week.

Once I am better I will back at work during the day, then sitting in the park with my book in the evening, and perhaps some water aerobics and pilates too.

Name five of your favourite songs…
Another really tough one (and will show my poor and old musical taste)..

The Eagles – Hotel California
Thin Lizzy – The Boys are Back in Town
Adele – Make You Feel My Love

Les Miserable – One Day More

Faith Hill – There You’ll Be



If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Crispy chilli beef

Summer or winter?

Hmm my actual favourite is spring, when the world and everything in it starts to come back to life and brighten up.

I would choose summer I guess. I complain when it gets too hot but I love being able to sit with the windows open, go to the park or the beach and just meander around in the sunshine.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why?

Ballydesmond, a village right on the border of Cork and Kerry in Ireland. My Mum and her family are from there and we spent every summer there as kids. I just love it. It is small and sleepy, with 3 pubs and 1 shop. It is usually wet, but it has character and I feel totally relaxed and myself there. The people are so friendly and everyone knows eachother, a real sense of community and belonging. There are long walks to lose yourself from the world but only a car journey from a town if you want more hustle and bustle. I would move there in a heartbeat.

Name five of your favourite films?

Pretty Woman
Grease
Seven
Back to the Future
The Champ

If you won the lottery what would you buy?

A gorgeous house with a pool, cinema and library. A luxury car (even though I cant drive). If I won enough how about a private island just like the Maldives. I have never been but it looks amazing.


Oh and a new stadium in Wimbledon for the mighty AFC Wimbledon.


Favourite day of the week…

Saturday. Its football day, and when I am working it is the start of the weekend. A lie in, some brekkie and then off to the game, or tuning into Soccer Saturday with the legendary Jeff Stelling.  

What three things would you take to a desert island?

My Kindle

Chocolate

My mobile phone

Sweet or savoury?

Oh sweet every day of the week!

Early bird or a night owl?

A night owl. My natural body clock is to sleep from about 3am – 11 so I could pretty much live without mornings. Late at night is when I can study best and concentrate on reading more.

Name five of your favourite books:

Carmel Harrington – Beyond Grace’s Rainbow
Jojo Moyes – Me Before You
Kathryn Stockett - The Help
Khaled Hosseini – A Thousand Splendid Suns
Lindsey Kelk – I Heart New York

Favourite Drink?

Strawberry milkshake

Favourite animal?

Hamsters
 
In turn I would like to tag the following:
@xSandraGates
@reviewedthebooks
@fabulousbookfiend
@skydreamersim
@margaretbmadden

No comments:

Post a Comment