Saturday 15 March 2014

Chocolate Book Tag......


Happy sunny Saturday

Thanks to the lovely Catriona (fabulousbookfiend.blogspot.co.uk) who has included me in a great idea called the chocolate book tag. I know some people are doing vlog's but as I'm too shy I have written my replies below (pictures of books will follow next week I hope). Like naming top ten lists this is really hard!

Dark chocolate: a book that covers a dark topic.

Fragile by Nikki Graham. I got this as a freebie on my kindle and didn't expect to get even half way through. How wrong I was! This was a riveting and heartbreaking recollection of Nikki Graham's almost life long battle with anorexia. Very moving and a real insight into the mind of someone struggling. Eating disorders and mental health, whilst more recognised are still a taboo and hard to talk about subject.

White chocolate: your favourite lighthearted / humorous read.

The Secret Dreamworld of A Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella. I was late to the party in starting the shopaholic series, but once I found them I have lapped them up. Real escapism and feel good factor. Lots of laughs, particularly when you can see traits of yourself and your friends in Rebecca.

Milk chocolate: a book that has a lot of hype that you're dying to read.

The One Plus One by Jojo Moyes. I have to confess that I have only read Me Before You by Jojo Moyes, but by golly, that was some book! I have had so many people and publications rave about all her work, and excellent reviews about her new book so really looking forward to getting stuck in. I almost feel like I am saving it for best!

Chocolate with a caramel centre: a book that makes you feel all gooey in the middle while you are reading it

Same author but different books that I can't choose between. Lindsey Kelk has the ability to write books that have great lead female characters as well as a small army of supporting characters that a reader like me adores. I fell in love with Angela in the I Heart series and always settle down in eager anticipation feeling all gooey reading them. However, a new heroine in the form of Tess appeared in About A Girl last summer. I loved it and definitely have the gooey feeling already waiting for the next instalment coming this summer.

Wafer free kit kat: name a book that has surprised you lately

I have deliberated over this one because I don't want to become monotonous and rave about the same books all the time. However, the truth is that The Dead Wife's Handbook by Hannah Beckerman did surprise me. Not so much from the storyline, but it got me to question and re evaluate my own views and opinions, some of which changed which was a surprise given how stubborn and headstrong I can be.

Snickers: a book that you are going nuts about

Simple, for me it is Beyond Grace's Rainbow by Carmel Harrington. This is my book of the year. I cannot recommend it highly enough. I laughed, I cried and I think I scared my poor boyfriend with my reactions throughout.

Hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows: a book that you would turn to for a comfort read.

Take A Look At Me Now by Miranda Dickinson. That was an easy peaty choice for me. I read it recently and it is just a great feel good book, full of adventure, love and friendship. All the best things in life. I could wrap it up in my arms and cuddle it under a warm duvet to feel good.

Box of chocolates: what series have you read that you feel has a wide variety and something for everyone.

Oh dear, I'm not sure I really have one of these. I guess the closest for me would be The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins. Whilst I know it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea I absolutely loved them, and have spoke to people both younger and older, male and female, who have an eclectic reading taste and no one has had anything other than great things about them.


So, that's my choices. It's now my turn to tag some other bloggers. If they haven't already done it I would like to tag:

Sharon: shazsbookboudoir.blogspot.co.uk
Margaret: bleachhouselibrary.blogspot.ie
Kevin: iheart-chick lit.blogspot.com
Natalie: myflutterbybooks.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. I've heard of the Shopaholic series; is it worth reading? The Hunger Games was pretty good! I've read the first two books, and (bring on the guilt) seen the last movie.
    -Amy
    abookwormsperfectapple.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete